Terms & Conditions
Don't worry there is nothing scary in here!
Terms & Conditions
We have published our full terms and conditions on-line for the benefit of our customers. Please read them carefully as your will have to sign a copy prior to using the Segway X2 or i2 units. If you have any questions please contact us for more infromation.
For the purpose of this document, the following definitions apply:
1. "Us" / "We" / "Our" refers to Team Building NI Ltd. Segway NI is a name used on behalf of Team Building NI Ltd.
2. "Segway PT" / "Segway PTs" refer to the Segway Personal Transporters utilised by Segway NI/USA NI – namely the Segway X2 or i2 units that we operate
3. "Instructor" / "Guide" refers to employees of Team Building NI LTD who provide training in the operation of the Segway PTs and or whom deliver any of the Segway Experiences offered by Segway NI
4. "You" / "Your" refers to the person making a booking for a Segway Experience or any person signing these terms and conditions.
5. "Rider" refers to every person who participates in a Segway Experience.
1. When You make a booking for a Segway Experience with Us, You must read, understand and agree to all of the terms and conditions in this document.
2. If You are booking on behalf of others, You are responsible for ensuring that they will also agree, as all Riders will need to sign a printed copy before they will be allowed to participate in any of Our Segway Experiences. The terms are listed here in full and are available prior to making a booking.
3. You will have to sign a disclaimer form for your tour, then after your training and when you have selected your safety equipment you will have the sign the post training form too.
3.0 GENERAL TERMS
1. Segway Experiences will operate in almost all kinds of weather; however, We reserve the right to cancel a booking if We consider the weather conditions adverse enough to affect the safety of Our Riders. If in any doubt, contact Us on the day of Your scheduled booking.
2. If a Rider arrives late or does not turn up at all, their place will be terminated as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
3. If a Rider or group of Riders arrive late, and they are the only riders for a particular booking, at Our discretion, the booking may proceed - but for a reduced duration equivalent to the remainder of the allotted time.
4. Each Rider is required to sign a printed copy of these terms and conditions. If a Rider does not sign these terms and conditions, their place will be terminated as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
5. Any photographs or video material captured by Us during any of Our Segway Experiences may be used by Us for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, publication on Our website, Facebook, etc.
6. The duration quoted for any Segway Experience is approximate and may vary depending on group size and ability.
7. The distance quoted for any Segway Experience is approximate and is limited by the quoted duration.
8. Segway Experiences will end when either the quoted duration is reached or the quoted distance is reached, whichever comes sooner.
9. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
4.0 RIDER REQUIREMENTS
Riders failing to meet any of the following requirements will not be able to participate in any part of Our Segway Experiences and will be subject to the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy - any queries should be raised before bookings are made:
1. Riders must be at least 10 years of age.
2. Riders aged 10-16 must be accompanied by a Rider aged 18 or above. The accompanying rider, who is aged 18 or above, must assume legal responsibility for the Riders aged 10-16, as indicated overleaf.
3. Riders must weigh at least 45KG (approximately 7 stone / 100 lbs).
4. Riders must be no heavier than 110KG (approximately 17.5 stone / 245 lbs).
5. Riders must wear a helmet. Helmets will be provided but Riders may bring along their own providing it meets recognised safety standards.
6. Riders must wear suitable footwear (e.g. trainers or comfortable shoes) and clothing.
7. Riders must be able to stand for the duration of the experience and without stopping (for toilet breaks, rests etc.).
8. Riders must be able to step on-to and off the base of their Segway PT unassisted (following training). The step is approximately 8 inches / 20 CM tall.
9. Riders must be able to lean from side-to-side and forwards and backwards, whilst standing upright on their Segway PT.
10. Riders must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
11. Riders must have adequate vision in order to safely operate a Segway PT, which can move at speeds up to 12.5MPH, and must wear any prescribed glasses where appropriate.
12. Riders must have adequate hearing (or assisted hearing) in order to respond to instructions from Us.
13. Riders must speak/understand English in order to respond to instructions from Us. Non-English speaking Riders will need to be accompanied by a translator.
14. Riders must inform their Instructor of any impairment which may affect their safety before participating in a Segway Experience.
15. Pregnant women or people with back injuries and/or other serious health problems should not participate in any of Our Segway Experiences.
16. Riders will any medical condition that may make the use of Segway difficult should get advise from a doctor and if required bring a copy of a doctors permission slip to the event to show our staff that you have been deemed fit to use a Segway. Segway NI can not be held liable for you placing yourself in a environment that you are not fit to be within as this places you, our staff and other guests at risk.
5.0 ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Inappropriate behaviour will result in the offending Rider's Segway Experience being terminated, as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy:
1. We have a zero tolerance policy concerning any verbal or physical abuse against Our employees, customers, equipment, operating environment and any third parties who may be present. This includes but is not limited to aggressive, dangerous and intimidating behaviour or language.
2. Riders are not permitted to smoke at any time whilst operating a Segway PT.
3. Riders are not permitted to use mobile phones, cameras or recording equipment whilst operating a Segway PT, unless the Segway PT is stationary.
4. Riders are not permitted to stop, fall behind, or hinder the group's progress in order to make use of their mobile phones, cameras or recording equipment. The group will stop at several safe locations and any other requests must be agreed with the Guide.
5. Riders must not drop litter at any time during their Segway Experience.
6. Riders must follow the instructions of their Guide - at all times - relating to all aspects of their Segway Experience.
6.0 TERMINATION/RETURN/CANCELLATION POLICY
1. All cancellations - regardless of reason, will not be refunded if booked using a voucher. In such cases, alternative dates and times will be offered, except as outlined below.
2. We will only offer a refund (excluding voucher bookings) or an alternative date/time, if notification for a cancellation is received more than 72 hours (3 clear days) prior to the scheduled booking commencing.Notifications of cancellation can be made via phone or e-mail and must include the booking or payment reference.
3. We reserve the right to prohibit any Rider, prior to commencement, during training or during operation, from participating in any of Our Segway Experiences, if they fail to meet the General Terms, Rider Requirements or do not maintain Acceptable Behaviour, as specified in these terms and conditions. In such cases, a Rider's Segway Experience will be terminated and no refunds or alternative dates will be offered.
4. If We cancel a Segway Experience due to prevailing weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances (e.g., technical difficulties), a refund (excluding voucher bookings) or alternative dates/times will be offered.We will endeavour to inform Riders of such cancellations using any contact information supplied at the time of booking. When such a cancellation occurs, You accept that We are not liable for any losses any affected Riders may have incurred (e.g., petrol, hotel accommodation etc.).
5. Any item bought from Segway NI (Vouchers or segway sheilds and accessorys) are bought on the understanding that we have a no return policy. You are agreeing to but the item and that it may not be returned, and no refund will be granted for the purchase. We offer a shipping method, and if you require special shipping you are advised to secure this shipping from your our selected postage firm. For example, if you require a voucher we offer a PDF email option, you cant purchase the posted voucher and in turn ask for a refund due to it not arriving on time for you to give as a present. If you require a item posted please allow enough time or employ a fire to collect and delivery for you.
6. Following training, if a Rider cannot control a Segway PT to the standard required by their Instructor, they will be unable to participate further. If the Rider's place was booked with a voucher, the voucher (or equivalent part of the voucher) will be reactivated. Any bookings made with a direct payment will be refunded upon request.
7. If you are unable to attend a tour which is running as normal and you cancel within the 72 hours - Team Building NI will offer you 50% off a new date/transfer fee (£12.50 pp Off Road / £15pp Titanic Tours) to attend another tour. We cannot offer full refunds if the tour takes place, only if a tour is cancelled would you be entitled to a refund (excludes vouchers) or a new date.
7.0 LIABILITY WAIVER
1. There is a risk of death or injury when using a Segway PT. We will provide sufficient training so as to minimise all reasonable risks, however, You acknowledge that Our Segway Experiences are undertaken at Your own risk.
2. You agree that We are not responsible for any personal injury, death, loss or damage which may occur, unless it occurs as a direct result of Our negligence.
3. If You cause any damage, loss, injury or death, as a result of inappropriate actions or wilful neglect, which has not resulted from Our negligence, You accept liability for these actions and agree to be held accountable for them.
8.0 Group Booking & Private Hire Events - cancellation policy
Cancellation & refunds. If you cancel the event for any reason:-
1. 60% of fee retained if cancelled within 2 weeks
2. 75% of fee retained if cancelled within 1 week
3. 90% of fee retained if cancelled within 24 hours
You must notify any cancelation by contacting :-
9.0 Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be used for any Segway tour location, and tour location can change.
Gift vouchers are non refundable
Gift vouchers can be extended if you contact us before they expire.